The terms below apply to InvoTech products. InvoTech, part of HID Global Corporation will be hereby referenced as “InvoTech.”
Support is provided via telephone +1 818 461 9800 (option 3), e-mail support@InvoTech.com and internet connection support during InvoTech’s regular business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PT, Monday through Friday, excluding U.S. national holidays).
Basic Maintenance and Support includes:
- Product updates and modifications that InvoTech in its sole discretion makes available to Customer
- Customer service via access to HID’s InvoTech emergency phone system after regular business hours and on weekends and holidays
Product updates and modifications consist of one copy of published revisions to, or new editions of, the printed Documentation, and the installation of revisions to the machine readable InvoTech Software that are not designated by InvoTech as products for which it charges a separate fee.
All maintenance and support shall be provided in the English language (or in the Spanish language, if requested by Customer in advance).
InvoTech shall have no liability to Customer for any changes in Customer's computer hardware or operating system software that may be necessary to use InvoTech Software due to an update, modification or new release.
In the event InvoTech provides On-Site Support to Customer at Customer's request, Customer shall be charged InvoTech's then-current standard daily fee. Customer shall be responsible for, and shall reimburse InvoTech for, all of InvoTech's out-of-pocket expenses incurred at Customer's request in providing On-Site Support. As used herein, "On-Site Support" means technical support provided by InvoTech at Customer's facilities concerning the maintenance and support of the InvoTech Software after the Software Installation Date and not included in the Basic Maintenance and Support package.
Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Policy
To return hardware that has failed during the applicable warranty period (“Warranty-Return Hardware”), Customer must:
- Complete this RMA form and provide InvoTech with the model number and serial number of the hardware and a description of the claimed hardware defect
- inform InvoTech of the Warranty-Return Hardware by contacting: support@InvoTech.com
- If RMA request is approved, InvoTech will issue Customer an RMA number. No RMA number will be issued to Customer is the applicable warranty period for the hardware has expired, or if damage/defect of hardware is deemed at fault by the Customer. All freight, taxes, duties, customs fees, etc. will need to be paid for by Customer until InvoTech is deemed responsible for warranty return/replacement. If a return is not due to error or defect, a 10% restocking fee will apply.
- remove and return the Warranty-Return Hardware to InvoTech, part of InvoTech and;
- All hardware returned to InvoTech for warranty return or replacement and not returned to the customer will become the property and possession of InvoTech.
- Return shipment of the Warranty-Return Hardware to InvoTech must be made within thirty (30) calendar days of InvoTech's issuance of the applicable RMA number (“RMA Timeframe”). The hardware must be returned to InvoTech, in a testable condition otherwise the warranty is invalidated.
Warranty-return hardware is to be shipped to the InvoTech location from where it was shipped originally. Customer must return the hardware to InvoTech, part of InvoTech with the RMA number clearly marked on the package.
Any package received by InvoTech, part of InvoTech without an RMA number or shipped outside of the applicable RMA Timeframe will be refused and shipped back to Customer. A new RMA number must be obtained for any hardware returned to Customer due to Customer’s failure to adhere to this RMA Policy.
Upon InvoTech’s receipt of the Warranty-Return Hardware from Customer, InvoTech, will evaluate the hardware to determine whether it is covered under the applicable warranty. If InvoTech, determines the hardware is covered under warranty, InvoTech, will take the corrective warranty action described in the applicable warranty policy, depending on the type of hardware.
Customer agrees to pay InvoTech 10% of the item cost for any hardware evaluated by InvoTech and determined not to be defective or covered by warranty. If Customer receives replacement hardware from InvoTech but fails to return the Warranty-Return Hardware within thirty (30) calendar days from InvoTech's issuance of the applicable RMA number, InvoTech reserves the right to invoice Customer and Customer shall pay the current list price for such unreturned hardware. Customer agrees to promptly initiate payments owed pursuant to this Section by issuance of a purchase order or credit card payment.
Notwithstanding, Customer shall not be required to return the following hardware, unless requested in writing by InvoTech within thirty (30) calendar days of Customer’s receipt of replacement hardware. Customer will thereafter cease use and securely dispose of the unreturned hardware.
Repack the device in its original packing material. If the original packing material is not available, use an alternative and secure packing method. Any damage caused by inadequate packing is not covered by warranty or maintenance contract.